Vietnam’s low-cost ‘bikini airline’ Vietjet airlines to soon launch operations in India
International low cost airlines Vietjet aka ‘Bikini Airlines’ announced big news for Indian travelers. Most of the male travelers would be happy to hear this announcement. Vietjet Airlines is going to launch its India operations very soon. Company is all set to dive into Indian aviation market. It is going to grab attention of all adventure travelers especially male travelers. The reason behind Vietjet Airlines popularity is their uniqueness in services. There was an outrage when its cabin crew served the passengers in bikinis once in a while. Let’s checkout some fun facts about the airline.
- Vietjet Airlines was founded in November 2007
- It was the first privately owned new-age airline in Vietnam.
- Company became the second private airline to provide domestic services in just 4 years after its launch.
- This is the fifth airline overall to offer civil domestic flights in Vietnam.
- On 9 February 2013, the airline launches its first international flight between Ho Chi Minh City and Bangkok becoming the first Vietnamese private airline to enter the international market.
- Company does not have any direct booking capabilities with the GDS, Amadeus CRS, Sabre, or Travelport.
- As per the report of Tuoi Tre newspaper, nation’s aviation authorities fined VietJet Air was $1,000 for organizing the Hawaiian-themed dance to celebrate its maiden flight between Ho Chi Minh City and the tourist hub of Nha Trang. Incident got media attention when five female local beauty contest participants take part in the show and performed during a flight on August 3 2012. According to the investigation officer, vietjet airlines found guilty for violating the rules of local aviation.
However, the flight attendants don’t wear bikini on every flight. Very few flights have this service available. Bikini is use to attract more clients by vietjet airlines but it is limited with some special flights only. You have to use special flights if you want the flight attendant to serve you in bikini. Despite of all odds, company is growing and wanted to try their hands in Indian market. It will definitely help airline to understand the Indian market and change numbers in yearly profit.
Company has bold marketing strategy we all know that. But it might leave completely different results in Indian market. The airline has to be extra cautious while organizing such “Bikini Promotions” for Indian travelers.